When you give local, your gift stays local
How can you make a difference in your community this holiday season?
Support The Open Door’s mission of ‘a fresh approach to ending local hunger through access to healthy food’ by:
• Making a financial gift. Click on the DONATE NOW button to immediately send a gift!
• Holding a Project Pantry food and fund drive. Organize a food and fund drive at your church, school, business, or neighborhood. It’s easy! Click on the links to the right to register your food drive and download materials to help you get started!
• Donating food. Bring your non-perishables and fresh foods to The Open Door, Eagan or Lakeville during open hours and staff or a volunteer will help you!
Please drop off your food donations at:
The Open Door, Eagan:
3904 Cedar Grove Parkway, Eagan
Monday thru Thursday 9 am–3 pm
Tues and Thurs 6 pm–8 pm
Fridays 9 am–noon
The Open Door, Lakeville:
20730 Holyoke Avenue Suite 139, Lakeville Mall
Mon 9 am–3 pm
Weds 9 am–3 pm, 6 pm–8 pm
Fridays 9 am–1 pm
The Open Door, formerly the Eagan & Lakeville Resource Centers—with the support of the community—is able to assist over 5,000 individuals each month through:
• Healthy food support at 2 food shelves in Eagan and Lakeville, 7 Mobile Pantry® sites, and the newest program, The Mobile Lunch Box, bringing healthy lunches and enrichment activities to low-income children during the summer monthss
• Family Advocacy/Community resource referral link families to critical, stabilizing services at social service agencies.
• Garden To Table® program: 140 community garden plots, which allow families to grow the food their family needs, free of charge.